Tuesday, February 28, 2012

DIY - Cookie Sheet to Serving Tray Transformation

The other day I told you about my old rusty cookie sheet that I decided to transform into a pretty serving tray.  I've been working on it off and on since then.  The pictures below show the steps I've completed so far...now to fore warn you I have never had any painting classes, so this painting is far from perfect, but I like it and it is just for us, I'm not trying to sell it or even give it to anyone.

I just need to let the paint dry until tomorrow then I can add the first layer of sealer, but it is basically finished!  I hope you like it as much as I do and it gives you some ideas on ways to transform your old trays besides sending them to the dump!



rust paint 



working on creating landscape

finished

2 comments:

ARK said...

Fabulous makeover!!! I'm inspired to go paint something pretty!

Cindy said...

Thank you! Have fun!