Sunday, February 26, 2012

Special Flavourful Mashed Potatoes

I just wanted to share my new way to make mashed potatoes that came out very very yummy!  I never peel my potatoes because 1) I hate wasting the skins cause they are good for you and 2) to be honest I'm just too lazy...lol!

Ingredients:


Boiled potatoes
1 container of your favourite Philadelphia Cream Cheese dip (I used herb and garlic).
3 or 4 tbsp. sour cream
2 or 3 tbsp. margarine or butter

Mix everything together and serve.  I made a full large pan of boiled potatoes as I wanted some left over to add to my freezer cooking.

I can't seem to get the hang of doing this 1 day freezer cooking as it just doesn't seem to work for me, so what I do instead, at least for now, is only purchase stuff I find on sale, make it into something for the freezer or cook it during my regular meals, but take out portions for the freezer.  This works better for me and I am not stuck in the kitchen for hours on end.

I really like doing the freezer thing as I was once told by a freezer repair man that to get the best cost efficiency from your freezer is by keeping it full even if that means just filling the whole thing up with bread.  Now I have a full freezer and it isn't all just bread...lol!

No comments: