Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Bathroom Redo

We had a couple of coolish rainy days so I couldn't really go out on my motorcycle so I finally got around to redoing our half bath upstairs.  Really it is more like a closet as you really can't fit anything more than the toilet and a sink, but my husband finds it useful in the middle of the night as it is just outside our bedroom door.

There was a water leak in this bathroom when we moved in and the plaster walls were so wet it took them a goods 5 years to dry.  The wall really needs some professional help, but due to financial issues we can't really afford that so I am doing the best I can to shore things up until I can afford to have it repaired properly.

Here are the before and after pictures:






I can't even express how totally shocked I was at how very dark yellow the toilet and sink are.  When the bathroom was the yellow beige colour I thought the toilet and sink were the same colour.

All in all I love this little bathroom now and it doesn't make me feel nearly as claustrophobic anymore.  When I use to go in there I would have to leave the door open and pray we didn't get any company or they would have seen more than I feel comfortable showing as our entrance way is just down the steps from this bathroom.

I hope you like the changes as much as I do and it inspires you to paint a room in honour of spring!

No comments: