Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Sharing

Ooops, I've been a bad blogger again.  I've been busy out in the garage working on various projects in the evenings, in the day time I am out cruising on my motorcycle or spending time with my hubby.  I'm not going to apologize but I do hope you will excuse my absents.

Since it is a rather rainy looking day I thought I should take some time to share with you what I've been up to since my last post.

Clay Pot Wind Chimes.

These are heavy little fellows so I used 20 guage wire to string them and hung them on my heavy duty shepherd's hook plant hanger.  I got the pots and the wire from Dollarama and the U nails I used for the tinkle sound I already had as well as the paint, so the total cost of this project was $3.00 and I still have lots of wire left for other projects so it's technically cheaper than that.

I've also been doing some recycling of an old chair and turning it into an indoor bench for our entry way.  It isn't totally finished yet, but it is a work in progress.  You ever notice that no one ever mentions that upholstery nails are extremely sharp even when they are older than you are.  After stripping this chair of its' upholstery my hand were scratched and bloody, I'm not too anxious to do another one at this time, perhaps in the future if I find a really cool piece to work with, but not in the near future for sure.

Before

So far.

I'm using reclaimed pallet wood for the slats and any other pieces I add to it.  I get the pallets for free so this project has a zero dollar amount...gotta love free :) 

I've also been spending a lot of time trying to get the pesky weeds out of my garden.  

I hope everyone is enjoying some time outside like I am!

Have a great day!







No comments: